Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday

We had communion services in Pachino and the congregation was very grateful for my visit. Latter we went along the coast to the point where the Ionia sea meets the Mediterranean sea. It was very interesting and a beautiful spot. We had communion services at the Scicli church this evening and they served wine in a common cup. That was an interesting experience! The congregation said I should come back in June. I guess that is the beginning of their summer when everybody is off work. Tomorrow we go to Palermo in the north of Sicily for 2 days. David has a pastor's meeting there. We get back in the evening and then on Wednesday at 6 AM we leave for the airport at Catania. The time has gone very fast.

2 comments:

  1. All the ladies in the Sunday Bible Study group want me to say hello to you and that they have been praying for you. They have enjoyed reading about your adventures and are praying for a safe journey home. They can't get their posts to go through, So here is a post from all of us. Cheryl, Elaine, Sharon, Pam, Judy, Gail, Hattie and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are pretty much covering the whole island with this last trip. I'm praying for you and your safe return home. We are forecast to have the weather warm up a bit for your scheduled arrival.

    Tell David I'm praying for him too. I'll bet he will miss your good support.

    Your sister Joyce

    ReplyDelete