Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm back

I think this is Friday. Wouldn't you know it, as we were coming back from Vittoria on Wednesday night, I started to feel sick. About midnight, I had pretty well emptied my stomach, and by 4:00 AM I was in the car headed to the airport in Catania. I didn't dare eat or drink anything until our plane left Rome, because it only flies out every other day. Over the 10 hours it took to get to Chicago, I started to feel better and had a little to eat while we were waiting for our plane to Sioux Falls. I got into Sioux Falls at 8:45 which was a little over 24 hours since I started. Thank you for all your prayers! It is going to take a while for me to understand what a powerful experience this all has been. Aaron and his family greeted me at the airport with "Welcome home" signs and lots of hugs from the grand kids, which makes me realize that it wasn't just me that has been impacted by this experience. I hope this can be an encouragement for you to let the Lord stretch you into doing something new. I'll try to add some last pictures. One is of the German volunteers, Arianna from the Scicli Church, Jovanella who is the administrator of the nursing home, and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment