Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday

We went visiting last night.It was quite a contrast. The first older lady was 89 and she pretty much was living and sleeping in her little kitchen. she did have a bathroom and bedroom but she said she couldn't lay down because of her breathing. The second house we went to had two sisters in their 80's who brought us into their library where they each had a nice computer and desk. The one lady had kidney failure, but said her last tests came back better.
Evidently someone bombed the police station here in Pachino so as we were coming back from a funeral, police with machine guns stopped us. It was interesting that I was carrying my passport in my bag with my IPad. I usually don't have that along, so thanks for your prayers. The funeral started out with the priest saying that he had asked God to unlock the gates of paradise for the woman who had passed away. Gives new meaning to the bible verse that says that Peter was given the keys to heaven.

4 comments:

  1. ok... bombing police stations!!! getting stopped by police with machine guns!!! i think its time to step up the return!! we are praying everyday for you... please be safe. I do want to visit oversea's but not to come get you! love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe! Think I'll step up the prayers for you! I bet it felt a little weird to get stopped with guns looking at you. God has you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful to know that God is sovereign and that He holds you in the palm of His Hand.
    Your sister,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, Pastor Frank. I am glad my stay in Italy was not quite the eventful. I loved the view off your balcony...the sea is beautiful. I know how chilling that rain can be in Italy, but as everyone else said, the snow is not very nice here either. I think I didn't go outside for 2 days except to scoop snow. As always you are in our daily prayers and as so thankful that our Lord is answering all those prayers. We praise you Lord, for your grace, understanding and protection. You have to be so proud of all that God is using you to do there. What a wonderful experience for you and for those receiving your love. May God continue to bless you, and answer our many prayers for you. I loved the note from Jodi, talking about your grandson's prayers for you. It really is so cute, and out of the mouths of babes, and their trusting hope in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete