Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday

I added 2 pictures. The first one is pretty dark but it is of the ecumenical service in Scicli. The speakers were the Catholic priest, a Bulgarian Orthodox priest and David. The second picture is from my belcony looking out at the Mediterraneon Sea. The reason you see all the water tanks on the roofs is because that is how they get their water pressure. I cleaned and organized storage room for paint and tools this morning. This afternoon I will go with David to Scicli for choir, bible study and then to visit a shut in. I went shopping for groceries this morning by myself! The store was 4 blocks from here. Later I went with David to the post office, which is also like a bank. You take a number when you walk in and hope you get served before 12:30 because then they close for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

  1. lol now that sounds like the usps! good to hear that things are the same all over. but you went shopping by yourself???!!! how was that? it would have taken me all day long to accomplish that. i would have to have my phone to translate everything so i didn't come home with liver and black olives!

    your warm thoughts finally reached us yesterday. ice and snow was melting so aubree and i scrapped off the driveway. i wear shorts just becasue i could. have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frank! The kids and I are missing you. Charlie prays for you at dinner "God Bless grandpa in Sicily". Isn't that cute! Alex had his high school orientation and tour today. Scary to think that we will have a freshmen in the fall.
    I like the pictures you have posted. It is fun to see where you are at. Hope you are enjoying your time! Talk to you soon!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Frank,
    We enjoy reading your daily events and seeing the pictures you share of your days there in Italy. Hope you have a safe return home again.
    We look forward to seeing you, and hearing about
    all your adventures there. Take care.
    Glen and Linda

    ReplyDelete