Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday

We hosted the Ecumenical services here for Vittoria last night. I posted some pictures from the event. The last picture shows the Catholic Bishop,the woman is the director for the Penticostal Churches of Sicily,and the man in the white hair I didn't recognize. It was a packed house and it seemed to go well.
the German guys are gone this morning so I had to bring all the exra chairs away. I hope they can find them the next time they need them! This afternoon I will go with two of the kids to Siccli to help with bible study and choir practice. We are going out for pizza afterwords. That will be good since we didn't get a chance to eat last night. I eat with the residents here for breakfast and we tear up a roll, put it in a bowl and have a choice of milk,coffee,tea,sugar or a combination of that poured over our bread. I choose the sugar and tea.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great time. Isn't it wonderful when people know English? I wonder if the pizza you will have will be anything like the pizza we have here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Codanza that was filled with a tomato paste, cheese, mushrooms, and Ham. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italian pizza!!! They don't have as many toppings as we have, but the flavor is very intense and delicious. Very basic ingredients are used. How do you like the Italian cuisine? Do they use alot of fresh produce there too?

    ReplyDelete