Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shopping

Today I helped with breakfast,cleaning up and resetting tables,carried a planter down from the 4th floor into the court yard,brought people down to physical therapy,and the we went shopping. The nursing home sent us in their van to get food for the kitchen. We bought lots of pasta,milk,sugar,a whole list of things which included a whole case of eggs. We made it back with nothing broken. Yesterday we went to Scicli(chickly). The church there is under an extended renovation. This is formerly a Methodist center, but it is now one of the three mission centers where we work. We went to a bible study for adults at 6:00 and then at 7:00 the high school youth had their study. Usually every morning two of the volunteers go down to Scicli to help teach reading. I don't think I told you that I am helping 5 volunteer students from Germany. I am very happy that they speak fluent englsh.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I know what you mean. A have a group of friends from El Salvador. When we go out together, they sometimes converse in Spanish, leaving me to stare politely until they realize I can't understand anything :)

    I'm glad you are still having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lady from Scicli visit with me in Italian and she laughed when she found out latter that I couldn't understand any thing she said.

    ReplyDelete